Organizations use SharePoint to create websites. You can use it as a secure place to store, organize, share, and access information from any device. All you need is a web browser, such as Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Firefox. Want to learn more? Get started with SharePoint.
Take a look at the latest version of SharePoint. When you create a new team site, this is what you’ll see.
SharePoint Online and SharePoint Server 2019
“SharePoint” can refer to one or more SharePoint products or technologies, including:
- SharePoint Online A cloud-based service, hosted by Microsoft, for businesses of all sizes. Instead of installing and deploying SharePoint Server on-premises, any business can subscribe to an Office 365 plan or to the standalone SharePoint Online service. Your employees can create sites to share documents and information with colleagues, partners, and customers. To get started storing your files on your team site, see Set up Office 365 file storage and sharing. Give Office 365 a try.
- SharePoint Server Organizations can deploy and manage SharePoint Server on-premises or with an Office 365 Enterprise subscription to take advantage of all the latest features. It includes all the features of SharePoint Foundation. And it offers additional features and capabilities, such as modern site pages, modern web parts and authoring, modern lists and libraries, modern search, integration with PowerApps, Power BI and MS Flow, and SharePoint home page. Download SharePoint Server 2019.
- SharePoint Foundation This is only available for SharePoint Server 2013, SharePoint Foundation was the underlying technology for all SharePoint sites. SharePoint Foundation (formerly Windows SharePoint Services) is free for on-premises deployment. You can use SharePoint Foundation to create many types of sites where you can collaborate on webpages, documents, lists, calendars, and data. Download SharePoint Foundation 2013.
- SharePoint Designer 2013 A free program last released in 2013. Used to build powerful, workflow-enabled solutions. And used to edit external content types for an external data solution based on Business Connectivity Services. Download SharePoint Designer 2013.
- OneDrive for Business sync A desktop program that you can use to sync documents from a team site or OneDrive for Business to your computer for offline use. Learn more about OneDrive for Business.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the things that you can do …